At Bakeris Chiropractic Clinic, we take great pride in providing the finest chiropractic wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different chiropractic services we offer in our Southaven office.
We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. David Bakeris has 25 years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
Peripheral Neuropathy, a result of damage to your peripheral nerves, often causes weakness, numbness and pain, usually in your hands and feet. It can also affect other areas of your body.
Your peripheral nervous system sends information from your brain and spinal cord to the rest of your body.
Peripheral neuropathy can result from traumatic injuries, infections, metabolic problems, inherited causes and exposures to toxins. One of the most common causes is diabetes mellitus.
Signs and symptoms
- Gradual onset of numbness, prickling or tingling in your feet or hands, which can spread upwards into your legs and arms.
- Sharp, stabbing, throbbing, freezing or burning pain.
- Extreme sensitivity to touch.
- Lack of coordination and falling.
- Muscle weakness or paralysis if motor nerves are affected.
If autonomic nerves are affected, signs and symptoms might include:
- Heat intolerance and altered sweating.
- Bowel, bladder or digestive problems.
- Changes in blood pressure causing dizziness or light headedness.
- Burns and skin trauma. You might not feel the temperature or pain on parts of your body that are affected.
- Infection. Your feet, hands and other areas lacking sensation can become injured without your knowing.
- Falls, weakness and loss of sensation may be associated with lack of balance and falling.
Our treatment plans are customized to every patients needs.
Lumbar Spinal Decompression
The BACK ON TRAC equipment provides non-invasive back pain therapy. The unique innovative design offers safe effective stretching of the spine in conjunction with the unilateral/ bilateral flexion. The added benefit of vibration and heat makes our system one of a kind. The therapeutic exercise can help improve flexibility and mobility while the vibration component is not only relaxing to the patient but can stimulate circulation and the nerve pathways.
Specifically designed to treat chronic knee pain, the KNEE ON TRAC system offers a revolutionary solution for those that live with pain from osteoarthritis, failed surgery, or previous injury. Unlike other equipment, the unique design of the KNEE ON TRAC isolates the knee area. This in turn allows for a more precise therapy. Common physiotherapy treatment accompanied by knee distraction may induce significant improvement in quality of life in patients with severe knee osteoarthritis compared to common physiotherapy treatment alone.
Contour Red Light
CONTOUR LIGHT is a Non-Surgical, Non-Invasive, Medical Grade LED Body Contouring, Fat Loss and Skin Rejuvenation System that blends science and physiology to allow you to be healthier, reduce stubborn cellulite and lose inches of those hard to reach places resistant to diet and exercise: chin, neck, arms, bra line, back, abdomen, waist, hips, glutes, thighs, knees, legs and ankles.
How It Works
Contour Light stimulates the mitochrondria of the fat cell which generates a signal that opens the transient pores of the cell wall, resulting in a release of the contents of the cell: triglycerides, fatty acids, glycerol and water. The fat cell deflates much like a balloon that is emptied of its air volume. The cell contents are deposited in the interstitial (area between cells) region which is then carried to the liver, processed and released to the kidneys resulting in the elimination of those fatty acids.
Contour Light LED also stimulates fibroblasts. strengthening the collagen and elastin fibers to tone and tighten the skin. So, there's more benefit that just shrinking inches; skin may see nice improvements as well!
The body is either in fat burning mode or in fat storage mode. Contour Light ignites the power of fat burning!
- Accelerates fat burning and speeds up the metabolism
- A single treatment equals to the fat burning of seven 30-minute cardio workouts
- Delivers more than 100 times the light energy of other LED systems
- 10 times more area is treated in a single LED treatment than other LED systems
- Its 635nm technology safely delivers the highest level of light energy available
- Provides the deepest and most complete exposure to the light energy
- Increases collagen and elastin in the skin while creating a slimmer appearance
- It is completely safe with no side effects
- It is non-invasive and painless with no bruising, swelling or burning
- Requires no downtime so normal activities can be resumed immediately
- Results may be seen same day
The Contour Light treatment is simple and effective:
- Free-moving, flexible LED pads are placed directly against the skin for maximum effect
- An overall warmth creates a feel-good sensation, while at a cellular level fat cells are collapsing
- Muscles are relaxed and collagen production is stimulated
- A whole-body vibration exercise session follows the Contour Light LED, as it is essential to create the demand for energy which can now be met by the released fatty acids and glycerol from the fat cells, completing the inch loss process. The Lymphatic System, "powered" by the muscle movement created by the vibration plate, stimulates lymph activation and fat elimination aimed to burn at least 350 calories by the end of the full treatment.
Spinal & Postural Screenings
Posture and spinal screenings can reveal important health information and unlock the door to improved health and well-being. Contact us today to arrange a screening.
Nutritional Counseling/Weight Loss
We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health. Do you know which supplements and vitamins are good for you. Dr. David Bakeris can provide a structured nutritional program based on your individual needs.
We teach our patients special "blueprint" exercises designed just for them to help strengthen and correct their own unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction by as much as 30-40%. In addition to skeletal misalignment, muscles and connective tissues can be out of place or strained by improper alignment and use. Specific exercises and stretches can help your body stay in balance and in health. Bakeris Chiropractic also has a full exercise facility and offers individual or group personal training.
We often find it helpful to "coach" our patients on certain activities they should avoid or do differently to avoid aggravating their particular health challenge. Our goal is to help every patient achieve a fulfilling and happy lifestyle full of the activities they enjoy most. We recognize that each our patient is a whole person, and help them reach true health and wellness is a collaborate effort between our professionals and our patients.
To complement and enhance the healing effects of Dr. David's specific Chiropractic adjustment treatment, we at Bakeris Chiropractic Clinic also provide the following physiological therapeutic procedures:
- Interferential electrical muscle stimulation
- Mechanical traction
- Moist heat therapy
- Therapeutic exercises
- Spinal decompression
- Individualized personal training
Interferential Therapy (Electrical Muscle Stimulation)
Physiotherapy plays a significant role in pain relief and rehabilitation.
It can be used in the following measures:
- To help patients relieve muscle spasms, edema and other forms of pain.
- To enhance the blood flow majorly cutaneous and local blood flow.
- In muscle stimulation to fasten the recuperation process
- To eliminate the swelling and edema of various body parts
The Activator Method
The Activator Method Chiropractic Technique is a low force diagnostic and treatment system used by chiropractors to treat many types of back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
It is an alternative to the traditional manual form of spinal manipulation known as, high velocity, low amplitude, thrust
Extremities and Sport Injury Rehabilitation
Chiropractors can help athletes by relieving their pain and helping them heal faster after an injury. Regular visits will promote quicker recovery after games and training as well as better balance and overall performance. The main reasons athletes suffer sports injuries include forceful impacts, repetitive motions, overtraining and failure to warm up properly.
Chiropractors can treat and can help prevent injuries of the neck, back, shoulder, knee, and ankle. They’re skilled in manual adjustments of the spine, ensuring that bones are lined up and balanced, which helps relieve tension in the body.